Lemons lemons lemons! The past couple days I’ve seen a theme of lemon recipes on my Instagram feed – particularly Meyers lemons – which makes sense since winter is citrus season. So in keeping with this prevailing theme, I bring you: oatmeal lemon white chocolate chip cookies! A spin on a classic, these oatmeal cookies satisfy your sweet tooth with the white chocolate while the lemon adds that twist of citrus.
Not a fan of oatmeal? You can also make them as regular old lemon chocolate chip cookies! Just leave out the oatmeal and add an extra 1/4 cup flour or so (else the batter might be a bit runny).
Did I mention your kitchen will also smell lemony fresh while you bake these cookies? All the more reason to whip up a batch today!
Recipe: (makes ~24 cookies)
- 1 stick butter (softened at room temp)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 – 1 cup white chocolate chips (depending how sweet you like them!)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Using a mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix until creamy and combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda until incorporated. Then mix in oatmeal and chocolate chips by hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.