Let’s talk zucchini bread.
It comes in quite a few varieties: chocolate chip zucchini bread, zucchini banana bread, lemon zucchini bread, zucchini bread with pineapple… the list goes on and on. Today, I’m bringing you blueberry zucchini bread.
Zucchini is one of those great ingredients that you can add to a lot of different baked goods – breads, muffins, brownies – to incorporate an extra (secret) dose of greens with no one the wiser. One time, a friend of mine claimed there was no way I could add zucchini to brownies without him knowing; a few weeks later, I did and he ate about half the pan before I told him they indeed contained two full zucchinis 😛
This recipe is super easy for those times when you’re in the mood for something freshly baked, but with minimal effort (only one mixing bowl required for this recipe!)
And if you’re curious about some of the other types of zucchini bread I mentioned above, click here for a list of 18 other different ways to incorporate zucchini + bread. Let me know if you find a style you love (or even invent your own!)
And if you’re also experiencing this crazy drop in temps following winter storm Harper, stay warm!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- Optional: honey (for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar until combined.
- Add in the zucchini. Then add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Grease or line with parchment paper a 9″x5″ loaf pan. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool a few minutes before removing from the pan. Drizzle with honey as desired, and enjoy!